OPEN WATER CROSSING – PILE SUPPORTED JUMP SPAN BRIDGE
- Engineering & Construction
Landmark was retained to construct a section of road through the muskeg. Due to the high water table and organic soil types, an innovative design was required. The solution included single heading construction of two piers linked by steel sheet pile bridges to the plastic sheet pile abutments. The abutments and piers were all supported by timber piles sourced from local forests. This design minimizes the impact on wetlands by maintaining natural water flow and is a practical strategy to align with the Alberta Wetland Mitigation Directive.
- Aligned with the Alberta Wetland Mitigation Directive
- Maintains Environmental Function of Wetland
- Safe Crossing for Aquatic Wildlife
- Improved Road Safety and Permanent Access
- Low Maintenance
Another successful project done in collaboration with Terratech Consulting Ltd.